CPS help

For Chicago Public Schools general information call (773) 553-1000.
Questions relating to the Chicago Board of Education? Call (773) 553-1600.

School enrollment

To locate your student's neighborhood school using your home address, use the CPS School Locator tool listed on the Chicago Public Schools website.

To search for schools by name or zip code, please visit the Find A School page on the Chicago Public Schools website.

For an overview on the school enrollment process, including a list of necessary documents for registration, read the enrollment process overview.

If you are interested in enrolling your student in a school outside of your attendance area, contact the Office of Access and Enrollment at (773) 553-2060 or by visiting their website

If you would like to enroll your student in a charter school, contact the Office of New Schools at (773) 553-1530 for application instructions. 

Help for school-related issues

Network offices provide CPS schools with administrative support, strategic direction, and leadership development while also driving critical supports that help boost student learning. These include professional development plans that support teacher growth, collecting and assessing data that helps drive interventions for students in need, collaborating with other networks on best practices, and enhancing community and parental involvement.

For a listing of all CPS schools organized by network, please visit CPS' network office page.

If your child attends a charter school, please call (773) 553-1530.

School records for former CPS students

Please note that the Office of Former Student Records does not have copies of student diplomas on file to print and/or send out. Diplomas are issued directly by the school the former student graduated from. 

To obtain student transcripts or medical records, submit a request to the Office of Former Student Records. The Office of Former Student Records cannot provide walk-in service and student records can only be delivered through the U.S. Postal Service. Medical records are unavailable to individuals over the age of 27.

Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, and Pension information

For information about job opportunities, staffing issues, benefits, or insurance, visit the Chicago Public Schools Talent Office website or call (773) 553-4748. 

Information on employee verification can be found on the Chicago Public Schools Talent Office website. You may also call 773-553-4748 (press 3 for employee solutions then press 2 for employee verification). For former employee records, please call 773-553-4001.

Information on payroll can be found on the Chicago Public Schools Talent Office website. You may also call (773) 553-4729.

Information on pension for teachers can be found on the Chicago Teachers' Pension Fund website. You may also call (312) 641-4464.

Information on pension for non-teacher CPS employees can be found on the Municipal Employees' Annuity and Benefit Fund website. You may also call (312) 236-4700. 

The Office of Diverse Learners (formerly Special Education and Supports)

The mission of the Office of Diverse Learners Supports and Services is to work collaboratively with schools, students, parents, and other stakeholders to provide tools, guidance, supports, and services necessary to ensure the success of all students with disabilities.

For more information, please visit the Office of Diverse Learners Supports and Services website or call (773) 553-1800.